Re: RFC: Async query processing

От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: RFC: Async query processing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/22/2014 07:03 PM, Claudio Freire wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 8:19 AM, Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Feedback in this thread was, "we want something like this in libpq, but not
>> the thing you proposed".  But there have been no concrete counter-proposals,
>> and some of the responses did not take into account the inherent
>> complexities of round-trip avoidance.  So I'm not sure how to move this
>> topic forward.
>
> What exactly do you mean by not taking into account?

A couple of them were along the lines "let's just send batches of
queries and sync between batches".  This does not seem very helpful to
me because sizing the batches is difficult, and the sizes could be quite
large.

> I do not believe you responded to my proposed interface. I'm not
> requesting a change in roundtrip avoidance measures, just the
> interface.

I've sent a reply now, I think I missed this part.  Sorry.

Сообщение: Re: RFC: Async query processing
Сообщение: Re: RFC: Async query processing