Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD
Дата
Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/21/2014 08:49 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Tatsuo Ishii (ishii@postgresql.org) wrote:
>> I observe performance degradation with PostgreSQL 9.3 vs 9.2 on Linux
>> as well.  The hardware is HP DL980G7, 80 cores, 2TB mem, RHEL 6,
>> pgbench is used (read only query), scale factor is 1,000 (DB size
>> 15GB).
> Can you isolate the sysv-vs-mmap patch and see what happens with just
> that change..?

This is exactly why we need a benchfarm.

I actually have a client working based on Greg Smith's pgbench tools.

What we would need is a way to graph the results - that's something
beyond my very rudimentary expertise in web programming. If anyone feels
like collaborating I'd be glad to hear from them (The web site is
programmed in perl + TemplateToolkit, but even that's not immutable. I'm
open to using, say, node.js plus one of its templating engines.

cheers

andrew