Re: 9.3-1101-jdbc41 potential issue resolving DNS names to host names

От Scott Mitchell
Тема Re: 9.3-1101-jdbc41 potential issue resolving DNS names to host names
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Another interesting symptom is that if I try psql I get some strange
behavior...

$ssh <IP address X>
$psql --host="<HOSTNAME>"
psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
    Is the server running on host "<HOSTNAME>" (<IP address X>) and
accepting
    TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

It seems like the <HOSTNAME> is resovling to the local IP (which is <IP
address X>)?

But if I explicitly try the IP I am able to connect to the database
(connection is rejected but that is expected).

$ssh <IP address X>
$psql --host="<IP address Y>"
psql: FATAL:  connection requires a valid client certificate
FATAL:  pg_hba.conf rejects connection for host "<IP address Y>", user
"root", database "root", SSL off

This makes me think it may not be a postgresql jdbc specific issue but I
am still not quite sure.

Another interesting piece of the puzzle is that <IP address X> is
running a warm standby instance of the database.  The postgresql
instance is currently not running on this machine but I'm not sure if
that may affect anything.

-Scott