properties and url

От Jürgen Rose
Тема properties and url
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

when I look at that code:

    public void setUrl(String url) throws SQLException {

        Properties p = org.postgresql.Driver.parseURL(url, null);
         serverName = p.getProperty("PGHOST", "localhost");
         portNumber = Integer.parseInt(p.getProperty("PGPORT", "0"));
         databaseName = p.getProperty("PGDBNAME");
         loginTimeout = Integer.parseInt(p.getProperty("loginTimeout",
"0"));
         socketTimeout = Integer.parseInt(p.getProperty("socketTimeout",
"0"));
         prepareThreshold =
Integer.parseInt(p.getProperty("prepareThreshold", "5"));
         unknownLength = Integer.parseInt(p.getProperty("unknownLength",
"0"));
         logLevel = Integer.parseInt(p.getProperty("loglevel", "0"));
         protocolVersion =
Integer.parseInt(p.getProperty("protocolVersion", "0"));
         ssl = Boolean.parseBoolean(p.getProperty("ssl"));
         sslfactory = p.getProperty("sslfactory");
         receiveBufferSize =
Integer.parseInt(p.getProperty("receiveBufferSize", "-1"));
         sendBufferSize =
Integer.parseInt(p.getProperty("sendBufferSize", "-1"));
         tcpKeepAlive = Boolean.parseBoolean(p.getProperty("tcpKeepAlive"));
         compatible = p.getProperty("compatible");
         applicationName = p.getProperty("ApplicationName");
        stringType = p.getProperty("stringtype");
         binaryTransfer =
Boolean.parseBoolean(p.getProperty("binaryTransfer"));
         disableColumnSanitiser =
Boolean.parseBoolean(p.getProperty("disableColumnSanitiser"));
    }

I see that all properties, except loglevel and stringtype conform to the
usual property conventions. Any reason behind this, or is it just
historically grown that way?

Its just, when I had a look at some other DataSourceFactoriy
implementations, I saw at least one approach where the properties get
set through reflection. Which would fail in these two cases.

Jürgen