Re: Referencing uninitialized variables in plpgsql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Referencing uninitialized variables in plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Karl O. Pinc" <kop@meme.com> writes:
> AFICT, the docs arn't clear when it comes to referencing unitialized
> array elements.  I assume you get NULL values here as well even
> though other array elements may have been given non-NULL values.

There is no such thing as an uninitialized array element.

Looking at array_ref, we do return a NULL if you try to fetch from a
position outside the current array subscript range.  But that's not
"uninitialized" in any normal sense of the word, it's more like
"nonexistent".  (I think you're right that it's undocumented behavior,
too.)

> Can I count on this?

Until someone makes an argument to change it ;-).