Re: SSI slows down over time

От Ryan Johnson
Тема Re: SSI slows down over time
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 06/04/2014 4:30 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 04/06/2014 05:25 AM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
>> I've tried linux perf, but all it says is that lots of time is going to
>> LWLock (but callgraph tracing doesn't work in my not-bleeding-edge
>> kernel).
>
> Make sure you compile with the "-fno-omit-frame-pointer" flag.
Oh, right. Forgot about that. With -g in place, it shows 5% of time
going to LWLockAcquire, virtually all of that in PredicateLockPage.
However, top reports only 50% utilization, so I'd *really* like to have
stack traces and "counts" for stack traces the worker thread spends its
time blocked in. I don't know a way to get that out of perf, though.
It's near-trivial to do in dtrace, but unfortunately I don't have a
Solaris or BSD machine handy.

Does pgsql give a way to trace latencies due to LWLock?

Thanks,
Ryan

От: "Graeme B. Bell"
Сообщение: Re: PGSQL 9.3 - Materialized View - multithreading
От: Pavan Deolasee
Сообщение: Re: The same query - much different runtimes