Re: Bugs in TOAST handling, OID assignment and redo recovery

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Bugs in TOAST handling, OID assignment and redo recovery
Дата
Re: Bugs in TOAST handling, OID assignment and redo recovery  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/10/18 06:29, Pavan Deolasee wrote:
> One of our 2ndQuadrant support customers recently reported a sudden rush
> of TOAST errors post a crash recovery, nearly causing an outage. Most
> errors read like this:
>
> ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toast value nnnn

While researching this, I found that the terminology in this code is
quite inconsistent.  It talks about chunks ids, chunk indexes, chunk
numbers, etc. seemingly interchangeably.  The above error is actually
about the chunk_seq, not about the chunk_id, as one might think.

The attached patch is my attempt to clean this up a bit.  Thoughts?

Вложения