A question about code in DefineRelation()

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема A question about code in DefineRelation()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
If I understand correctly, foreign tables cannot have an OID column, but
the following code in DefineRelation() assumes that foreign tables *can*
have that coulum:

560     /*
561      * Create a tuple descriptor from the relation schema.  Note
that this
562      * deals with column names, types, and NOT NULL constraints, but not
563      * default values or CHECK constraints; we handle those below.
564      */
565     descriptor = BuildDescForRelation(schema);
566
567     localHasOids = interpretOidsOption(stmt->options,
568                                        (relkind == RELKIND_RELATION ||
569                                         relkind ==
RELKIND_FOREIGN_TABLE));

Is this intended to support an OID column on foreign tables in future?

Thanks,

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita