Re: It seems no Windows buildfarm members are running find_typedefs

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: It seems no Windows buildfarm members are running find_typedefs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/03/2014 12:01 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> For OSX we'd construct the list via File::Find to recurse through the
>> directories.
>> So, something like this:
> Thanks for the tips.  The attached patch against buildfarm 4.11 seems
> to work, cf
> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=dromedary&dt=2014-04-03%2003%3A33%3A16&stg=typedefs
> I tried it on current OSX (10.9.2) as well as dromedary's 10.6.8.
> It does not work on prairiedog (10.4.11) --- the debug info format
> seems to be different that far back.  Can't say that's worth worrying
> about.

Thanks, applied.

> BTW, after looking a bit more closely at what this added to the typedefs
> list, I realize that this mechanism also collects typedefs that appear in
> files that are compiled but never installed, for example src/timezone/zic
> and the ecpg regression tests.  This seems like a Good Thing, since
> certainly pgindent is going to hit the source files for those programs
> too.  I wonder if we ought to switch over to scanning the .o files on
> all platforms?

Sure, if someone wants to work out what's involved. Do the MSVC tools
have some gadget for extracting symbols from .o files in a similar way?
It would be nice to get them into the mix too.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: WAL format and API changes (9.5)
Сообщение: Re: WAL format and API changes (9.5)