Re: History of WAL_LEVEL (archive vs hot_standby)

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: History of WAL_LEVEL (archive vs hot_standby)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/27/2014 03:06 PM, David Johnston wrote:
> As I think both can be used for PITR I don't believe there is much downside,
> technically or with resources, to using hot_standby instead of archive; but
> I do not imagine it having any practical benefit either.

Actually, "hot_standby" does have to write some extra records to the WAL
which "archive" does not.  I don't know that anyone has checked the
actual volume difference between the two, though, which would probably
also vary by workload.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.