Re: bug - connection problem with jdk 1.7 ?

От dmp
Тема Re: bug - connection problem with jdk 1.7 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> (I send this e-mail again, because I hadn't subscribed me to the mailing list)
>
> Hello,
>
>  I already presented on the devshed forum a connection problem to postgresql with the jdbc jar file
postgresql-9.3-1100.jdbc41.jar.Nobody answered me.

> Until recently I thought that the origin of the problem was maybe Eclipse, but now I have tested the same code with a
recentversion of another development tool, Intellij IDEA, and the problem is still the same.

> That’s why I begin to think that the postgresql-9.3-1100.jdbc41.jar file doesn’t function correctly with the jdk 1.7
(version51.0), moreover because the same code worked very well with jdk 1.6, postgresql 9.0 and
postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar.

> So, now I repeat the explanation of the jdbc connection problem that I gave on the devshed forum:
>
> Recently I bought a new computer and installed a running project with upgraded versions of windows (windows 7, 64
bit),eclipse (4.3.1), java (jdk 1.7 : 51.0), postgresql (9.3) and jdbc (postgresql-9.3-1100.jdbc41.jar).

> On the older versions the programs ran without any problem, but now there is an exception in the following code:
>
> public static final String DBURL = "jdbc:postgresql:MR";
> public static final String DBUSER = "postgres";
>
> . . .
>
> public static Connection createConnection () throws SQLException {
> Properties props = new Properties();
> props.setProperty("user",DBUSER);
> return DriverManager.getConnection(DBURL, props);
> }

dbConnection = DriverManager.getConnection(connectionURLString, connectProperties);

Connection URL: jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/key_tables

What is "jdbc:postgresql:MR"? Is this a valid URL string?

Above works fine with eclipse, jdk 1.7_45, 9.3-1101.jdbc41.jar

Test of your URL:

Connection Parameters: jdbc:postgresql:key_tables?user=danap&password=&loglevel=0
ClassNotFoundExceptionjava.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver
SQLExeceptionjava.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:postgresql:key_tables?user=danap&password=&loglevel=0

Which would result in NULL being returned as you have indicated.

danap.

От: Lachezar Dobrev
Сообщение: Re: Slow performance with 9.3-110x JDBC 4
От: Edson Richter
Сообщение: Re: Slow performance with 9.3-110x JDBC 4