Re: inherit support for foreign tables

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: inherit support for foreign tables
Дата
Re: inherit support for foreign tables  (Etsuro Fujita <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Horiguchi-san,

(2014/03/26 17:14), Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> The overall patch was applied on HEAD and compiled cleanly except
> for a warning.
>
>> analyze.c: In function ‘acquire_inherited_sample_rows’:
>> analyze.c:1461: warning: unused variable ‘saved_rel’

I've fixed this in the latest version (v8) of the patch.

> And for file-fdw, you made a change to re-create foreignscan node
> instead of the previous copy-and-modify. Is the reason you did it
> that you considered the cost of 're-checking whether to
> selectively perform binary conversion' is low enough? Or other
> reasons?

The reason is that we get the result of the recheck from
path->fdw_private.  Sorry, I'd forgotten it.  So, I modified the code to
simply call create_foreignscan_path().

> Finally, although I insist the necessity of the warning for child
> foreign tables on alter table, if you belive it to be put off,
> I'll compromise by putting a note to CF-app that last judgement
> is left to committer.

OK  So, if there are no objections of other, I'll mark this patch as
"ready for committer" and do that.

Thanks,

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita