Re: plperl doesn't release memory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: plperl doesn't release memory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dan Sugalski <dan@sidhe.org> writes:
> ... I'm pretty sure for embedding use it uses whatever routines
> the embedder defines, but it's been a while since I've poked around
> in there.

Hmm.  plperl is definitely not doing anything to try to manipulate that
behavior; maybe it should?  Where can we find out about this?

> Anyway, if perl's using its own memory allocator you'll want to
> rebuild it to not do that.

When I tried to test this it seemed that memory did get released at the
conclusion of each query --- at least "top" showed the backend process
size dropping back down.  But, again, I wouldn't be surprised if Sven's
perl installation is configured differently than mine.