Re: QSoC proposal: date_trunc supporting intervals

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: QSoC proposal: date_trunc supporting intervals
Дата
Re: QSoC proposal: date_trunc supporting intervals  (Alexandr <askellio@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/20/2014 09:56 AM, Alexandr wrote:
> Here is the text of my proposal which I've applied to GSoC.
> (and link
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vBjQzhFT_fgoIkoEP5TVeyFA6ggsYlLq76tghGVUD6A/edit?usp=sharing)
>
> Any suggestions and comments are welcome.
> Because I don't know the code of PostgreSQL well I decide not to
> participate is QSoC with previous proposal (rewrite pg_dump and
> pg_restore as libraries). But I'm very interested to participate in QSoC
> 2014 as a part of PostgreSQL. So It's my new proposal.

Per my comments on the GSOC app, it looks good, but I'd like to see some
"stretch goals" if you are able to implement the new function before
GSOC is over.  For example, one thing which has been frequently
requested is functions to display intervals in the unit of your choice
... for example, convert "1 day" to "14400 seconds".

Pick some stretch goals which work for you ... but I'd like to see some.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.