Re: plpgsql.warn_shadow

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: plpgsql.warn_shadow
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Petr,

On 3/18/14, 8:38 PM, I wrote:
>> I did one small change (that I think was agreed anyway) from Marko's
>> original patch in that warnings are only emitted during function
>> creation, no runtime warnings and no warnings for inline (DO) plpgsql
>> code either as I really don't think these optional warnings/errors
>> during runtime are a good idea.
>
> Not super excited, but I can live with that.

I'm sorry, that came out wrong.

As far as I'm concerned, I believe we have a consensus that
*runtime-only* warnings are not a terribly good idea.  The warnings in
this patch were emitted originally all the time because I wanted to
maximize their visibility.  But I think that has a bit of the same
problems as run-time warnings do; who's gonna notice them?

In any case, I think you guys have the situation under control and if
this patch gets committed like this, it solves my issues.  Thanks for
your work here.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja