Re: Adding flag LDFLAGS for compilation of regression tests

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Adding flag LDFLAGS for compilation of regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 03/17/2014 01:24 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 5:32 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
>> Actually, we could just move test/Makefile to test/Makefile.in, and let
>> configure set the LDFLAGS/CFLAGS variables directly in test/Makefile.
>>
>> I pushed a patch to do that. It doesn't do anything automatic about
>> PG_CONFIG; it would still be nice to add a configure flag for that.
> configure already sets PG_CONFIG, so we could do like in the patch
> attached and add a flag in test/Makefile.in similarly to CFLAGS and
> LDFLAGS.

Hmm, PG_CONFIG is currently tied to the --with-libpq configure option,
so that's only available if you build the driver with libpq. Would need
to separate that into a separate option.

(A slightly off-topic gripe: I just noticed that the #define constant is
called "NOT_USE_LIBPQ", which makes for some odd double-negatives when
most of the code blocks dependent on that are "#ifndef NOT_USE_LIBPQ".
Would be better to have "USE_LIBPQ" and "#ifdef USE_LIBPQ". I think I'll
go fix that..)

>> PS. Have you set up a Windows build environment? I don't think anyone's put
>> any effort in running the regression tests on Windows yet. If we could make
>> that work somehow, that would be nice.
> No, I don't have that, but it is on my TODO list. I don't know
> precisely when I will be able to come to that, and I am still in the
> mood of giving a better test coverage first, like tests for catalog
> functions and deprecated functions.

Ok, great.

- Heikki

Сообщение: Re: Adding flag LDFLAGS for compilation of regression tests
Сообщение: Re: Adding flag LDFLAGS for compilation of regression tests