Re: jsonb and nested hstore

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Дата
Re: jsonb and nested hstore  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: jsonb and nested hstore  (Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 14.3.2014 20:18, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 03/14/2014 04:52 AM, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>> VODKA index will have no lenght limitation.
>
> Yeah, so I think we go with what we have, and tell people "if you're
> hitting these length issues, wait for 9.5, where they will be
> fixed."

VODKA may be great, but I haven't seen a single line of code for that
yet. And given the response from Oleg, 9.5 seems ambitious.

I'm not awfully familiar with the GIN code, but based on Alexander's
feedback I presume fixing the GIN length limit (or rather removing it,
as it's a feature, not a bug) is quite straightforward. Why not to at
least consider that for 9.4, unless it turns more complex than expected?

Don't get me wrong - I'm aware it's quite late in the last commitfest,
and if it's deemed unacceptable / endandering 9.4 release, I'm not going
to say a word. But if it's a simple patch ...

regards
Tomas