Re: Replication slots and footguns

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Replication slots and footguns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/13/2014 05:01 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> On 03/13/2014 01:17 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
>>> I think "in use" is just as clear as active, and I think the text
>>> Andres proposed previously reads a whole lot more nicely than this:
>>>
>>> replication slot "%s" is in use by another backend
>>
>> Then we should change the column name in the pg_stat_replication_slots
>> view to "in_use".  My point is that the error message and the diagnostic
>> view should use the same word, or we're needlessly confusing our users.
>
> I see.  That's an interesting point....

As I said earlier, the fact that the current error message says "active"
and the column in pg_stat_replication_slots is called "active" meant I
knew *immediately* where to look.  So I'm speaking from personal experience.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: Replication slots and footguns
Сообщение: Re: Replication slots and footguns