Rowtype column and domain subfield with DEFAULT and NOT NULL constraint

От Julien Tachoires
Тема Rowtype column and domain subfield with DEFAULT and NOT NULL constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

A customer has reported us a strange behaviour regarding a rowtype
column with a domain subfield:

test=# CREATE DOMAIN my_int_not_null_1 AS INTEGER DEFAULT 1 NOT NULL;
CREATE DOMAIN
test=# CREATE TYPE  my_int_rowtype AS (
test(#     f1 INTEGER,
test(#     f2 my_int_not_null_1
test(# );
CREATE TYPE
test=# CREATE TABLE test (id SERIAL, col1 my_int_rowtype);
CREATE TABLE
test=# INSERT INTO test (col1.f1) VALUES (1);
INSERT 0 1
test=# INSERT INTO test (id, col1.f1) VALUES (2, 1);
INSERT 0 1
test=# INSERT INTO test (col1) VALUES ((1,NULL));
ERROR:  domain my_int_not_null_1 does not allow null values
test=# SELECT * FROM test; id | col1
----+------  1 | (1,)  2 | (1,)
(2 rows)

It seems:

- the DEFAULT value (from the domain) is not inserted
- the NOT NULL constraint is no applied excepting if we set explicitly
the value to NULL, looks like it is the same issue than before, when
there is no DEFAULT the parser/rewriter should set the column/subfield
to NULL.

Is build_column_default() the right place to handle that case ?

--
Julien Tachoires
http://dalibo.com - http://dalibo.org