Re: db_user_namespace a "temporary measure"

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: db_user_namespace a "temporary measure"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/11/2014 09:37 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> In particular, I'd like to see an exclusion that prevents local users
> from having the same name as any global user, so that we don't have
> ambiguity in GRANT and similar commands.  This doesn't seem simple to
> enforce (if we supported partial indexes on system catalogs, it would
> be ...) but surely this representation is more amenable to enforcing it
> than the existing one.

Should be workable if you're creating a local name - just check against
the list of global roles. For creating global names, maybe we could keep
an invisible shared catalog (or maybe only visible to global superusers)
of local names / db oids. New global names would be checked against that
catalog. Something like that.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: db_user_namespace a "temporary measure"
Сообщение: Re: db_user_namespace a "temporary measure"