Re: jsonb and nested hstore

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/05/2014 09:39 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> So, I am going to ask a back-track question and ask why we can't move
> hstore into core.  Is this a problem with the oids of the hstore data
> type and functions?  Is this a pg_upgrade-only problem?  Can this be
> fixed?

Yes, pg_upgrade is the problem, and no, I can't see how it can be fixed.

Builtin types have Oids in a certain range. Non-builtin types have Oids
outside that range. If you have a clever way to get over that I'd be all
ears, but it seems to me insurmountable right now.

A year or two ago I made a suggestion to help avoid such problems in
future, but as Josh said it got shot down, and in any case it would not
have helped with existing types such as hstore.

cheers

andrew