Re: 6.2 protocol

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 6.2 protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> ODBC still has code to handle 6.2 backends:
> Do we still want to carry that code around in ODBC?

I'd suggest retiring the 6.2 *and* 6.3 code from ODBC, so that it only
needs to support one protocol version, and then we can also retire its
"6.2/6.3/6.4" protocol option switch.  AFAICS that option switch serves
only to confuse newbies --- I recall a fair number of questions along
the line of "I'm running PG 6.5 (or 7.0), where do I get an ODBC that
will talk to it?" since after all it does not say ">= 6.4".

Besides, anyone still running 6.3 or before needs to be prodded,
none too gently, to upgrade ...