Re: Function Issue

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Function Issue
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 03/03/2014 03:32 AM, ALMA TAHIR wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using below code in multi threaded environment, but when multiple
> threads are accessing then i get : "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException:
> ERROR: tuple concurrently updated" exception. But my concern is I need
> to use it in multi threaded env, for the same reason I am using FOR
> UPDATE with cursor. Then where is the issue??? Am I missing
> something????? Please help me with the same.....

I will say up front I am wandering out of my depth, but here it goes.

I researched the above error message and it always seems to lead back to
issue with a system catalog tuple getting concurrent updates.

So, are we seeing all the queries that are happening when you run the
function?
In other words is there anything that touches a system catalog, say an
ANALYZE?

Are you sure your threads are using separate transactions and are not
tromping over each other?

What does the Postgres log show around the error message?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com