Re: allow online change primary_conninfo

От Sergei Kornilov
Тема Re: allow online change primary_conninfo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

>>  > I think we unfortunately got to mark this as returned with
>>  > feedback. I've not done so, but just switched the entry to waiting on
>>  > author.
>>
>>  Why returned with feedback? Why waiting on author? I didn't receive a
>>  feedback for latest published patch version. What can I do as author?
>>  Patch still applied (thanks cf bot) Obviously too late for pg12, but
>>  why can not be target pg13 and therefore be moved to next CF?
>
> Well, my impression was that the patch didn't yet really address the
> feedback. And thus should have been marked as waiting on author for a
> while.

Not agree. Latest patch version perform walreceiver restart without switch to a different method as discussed. Here is
norace condition between startup process and walreceiver because conninfo passed via WalRcvData struct as currently. I
misssomething important?

Michael Paquier had no possibility to review latest implementation, but did not say this is totally wrong, just asked
waita rather close lookup.

Of cource we can close this cf entry. I would be happy if someone else post proper implementation. And I can rework my
implementationagain, but I don’t know how the correct implementation should look or why latest implementation is
wrong.

regards, Sergei