Re: jsonb and nested hstore

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 02/28/2014 11:19 AM, Greg Stark wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> * As cited, many sysadmins block the install of the -contrib package.
>
> Of course the more you put things in core the more you make this logic
> sound reasonable.

Touche'!

However, the problems with admins not wanting to install -contrib aren't
really about what's in or not in -contrib.  They're about:

a) it's another package
b) they don't understand what's in it
c) it's called "contrib" which implies that these are
untested/unreviewed scripts, or somehow relates to hacking on Postgres,
both of which were true historically
d) there's some wierd/unstable dependancies for certain contrib modules
(UUID in particular)
e) some vendors don't make contrib available because of the encryption
thing (pgcrypto)

All of the above are worth fixing, but we don't have a proposal on the
table to do so.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.