Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1

От Rainer Tammer
Тема Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello,
Here is the code change:

CheckStatementTimeout()
        if (now >= statement_fin_time)
        {
                /* Time to die */
                statement_timeout_active = false;
                cancel_from_timeout = true;
                elog(LOG, "kill PID: %d", MyProcPid);
#ifdef HAVE_SETSID_off
                /* try to signal whole process group */
              kill(-MyProcPid, SIGINT);
#endif

                kill(MyProcPid, SIGINT);
        }

And here is the result:

--- server.log ----
STATEMENT:  FETCH 1 FROM foo;
ERROR:  relation "pxtest2" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM pxtest2;
LOG:  kill PID: 12255410 at character 15

--- ps -ef ----
tammer 12255410 16318698   0 16:14:01      -  0:00 postgres: tammer
regression [local] SELECT waiting

So the PID in CheckStatementTimeout() does match the actual backend process.

There is no difference if I use kill() with "-" or without "-".

Bye
  Rainer

On 26.02.2014 15:39, Tom Lane wrote:
> Rainer Tammer <pgsql@spg.schulergroup.com> writes:
>> void
>> StatementCancelHandler(SIGNAL_ARGS)
>> {
>>         int                     save_errno = errno;
>>         elog(WARNING, "StatementCancelHandler() - entered");
>> This part is never reached. Does this mean that the signal SIGINT got lost?
> Yeah, looks that way.  You might try changing the WARNING to FATAL, as
> in your previous example, just to be totally sure that it's not a problem
> of the message not getting flushed out or something like that.  But what
> it seems at the moment is that the signal isn't getting delivered.
>
> It'd be an idea to add some more logging to CheckStatementTimeout to
> verify that (1) MyProcPid corresponds to the process's PID and
> (2) the kill() isn't returning an error indication.  You could also
> try making it use the non-HAVE_SETSID logic, ie don't use the "-",
> just to see if that changes anything.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1
Сообщение: Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1