Re: typmod for custom type

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: typmod for custom type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/16/2014 12:12 AM, James Harper wrote:
> I have created a custom type called my_numeric, which is roughly the same as the existing numeric type. I have
declaredin, out, typmod_in, and typmod_out functions. I create a table like:

> CREATE TABLE test (col1 my_numeric(6, 3));
>
> And then do \d test and can see that col1 is declared as (6, 3), which I think confirms that my typmod_in and
typmod_outfunction are correct.

> But when I do:
>
> INSERT INTO test VALUES ('12.34');
>
> It behaves as though the typmod parameter to my in function (PG_GETARG_INT32(2)) is passed in as -1. The docs
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/sql-createtype.html)says of the arguments that "the third is the typmod of
thedestination column, if known (-1 will be passed if not).".

The value above looks valid to me. So what about the behavior is strange?

> Am I doing something wrong? Don't I need to know the typmod of the destination column so I can confirm that the
formatof the string being passed in conforms to the type modifier specified (eg so I can reject '1234.5678' for col1
withan overflow error)?

It would help to see the  actual code you used to create the new type,
for those that would be able to help.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: Francisco Olarte
Сообщение: Re: Restore postgresql data directory to tablespace on new host? Or swap tablespaces?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: typmod for custom type