Re: Restore postgresql data directory to tablespace on new host? Or swap tablespaces?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Restore postgresql data directory to tablespace on new host? Or swap tablespaces?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/15/2014 10:31 AM, Antman, Jason (CMG-Atlanta) wrote:
> If you had a single ~1TB database, and needed to be able to give fresh
> data copies to dev/test environments (which are usually largely idle)
> either on demand or daily, how would you do it? The only other thing
> that comes to mind is separate postgres instances (running multiple
> postgres instances per server?), one per database, for every
> environment. Which means that if 80% of the environments are idle at a
> given time, I'm effectively wasting 80% of the memory that I have
> allocated to shared buffers, etc. and I actually need 4x the resources
> I'm using? Unless postgres supports balooning of memory?

perhaps you could start/stop the test instances on demand as needed ?

Сообщение: Re: Restore postgresql data directory to tablespace on new host? Or swap tablespaces?
Сообщение: Re: Restore postgresql data directory to tablespace on new host? Or swap tablespaces?