Re: pg_restore issue

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_restore issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/12/2014 09:41 AM, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to restore a database dump using pg_restore with the
> following parameters:
>
> pg_restore -h 127.0.0.1 -U _postgresql \
>    -c -d postgres --exit-on-error \
>    my_dump.backup
>
> Note I used "\" to wrap the command, but the real one does not have
> those.
>
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 3156; 2606 432226 FK
> CONSTRAINT fkidturno postgres
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  relation
> "public.turnodocumento" does not exist
>      Command was: ALTER TABLE ONLY public.turnodocumento DROP CONSTRAINT
> fkidturno;
>
> Why is this happening?, should I change the command I'm using to create
> the backup?.

Did you look in the restored database to see if everything is correct or
not?

What version of pg_dump did you use to do the pg_dump, the 8.4 or 9.2 one?

It is recommended that you use the later version to dump older databases
as it can deal with any changes that have occurred.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com