Re: Time AT TIME ZONE: false result using offset instead of time zone name

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Time AT TIME ZONE: false result using offset instead of time zone name
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 02/10/2014 11:54 PM, rawi wrote:
> Hi,
> I am living in the Central European Time (CET == GMT+1)
>
> SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ;
>
> now
> timestamp with time zone
> ----------------------------
> 2014-02-11 08:21:52.83588+01
>
> And I want this without time zone but also for my own time zone (checking AT
> TIME ZONE); sure, I get it correct... the same...
>
> SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AT TIME ZONE 'CET';
>
> timezone
> timestamp without time zone
> ----------------------------
> 2014-02-11 08:22:39.586382
>
> But it would be easier to ask a specific time offset (got from a client
> around the world), so for me +01 hour:
>
> SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AT TIME ZONE 'UTC+01';
>
> timezone
> timestamp without time zone
> ---------------------------
> 2014-02-11 06:23:07.043479
>
> !!! Two hours earlyer, one hour to the east (Azores), not to the west of
> Greenwich.
> To get my time one hour west from Greenwich I have to ask:
>
> SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AT TIME ZONE 'UTC-01';
>
> Is this inverse calculation intently?

Yes.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/datatype-datetime.html#DATATYPE-TIMEZONES

8.5.3. Time Zones

.. Another issue to keep in mind is that in POSIX time zone names,
positive offsets are used for locations west of Greenwich. Everywhere
else, PostgreSQL follows the ISO-8601 convention that positive timezone
offsets are east of Greenwich