Re: Ordering Results by a Supplied Order

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: Ordering Results by a Supplied Order
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/06/2014 11:57 AM, Gavin Flower wrote:
On 07/02/14 05:43, Michael Sacket wrote:
On Feb 6, 2014, at 2:23 AM, Vik Fearing wrote:

On 02/06/2014 04:16 AM, Michael Sacket wrote:
Often times I find it necessary to work with table rows in a specific, generally user-supplied order.  It could be anything really that requires an ordering that can't come from a natural column.  Most of the time this involved manipulating a position column from the client application.  In any case, I've often found that to be cumbersome, but I think I've come up with a solution that some of you may find useful.

Up until 9.4, that's a good way to do it.

Starting from 9.4, you can use the WITH ORDINALITY feature.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/sql-select.html
--
Vik
Even better!  The development team is always making my work easier in unexpected ways.

Thanks!

You do realize, that with this new feature, the licence fee for PostgreSQL will dramatically increase?  :-)

Cheers,
Gavin

A ten-fold increase at least!