Re: How to get rid of superfluous WAL segments?

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: How to get rid of superfluous WAL segments?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/06/2014 06:51 AM, Torsten Förtsch wrote:
> On 06/02/14 06:46, Torsten Förtsch wrote:
>> we decreased wal_keep_segments quite a lot. What is the supposed way to
>> get rid of the now superfluous files in pg_xlog?
> Nothing special. The database did it for me.

It cleans up after a checkpoint.  If you've got a slow server and don't
want to wait for checkpoint_timeout (default 5 minutes), you can issue a
CHECKPOINT command yourself.

Under no circumstances should you ever delete files from pg_xlog by hand.

--
Vik