Re: bytea extraction

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: bytea extraction
Дата
Список psycopg
On 02/03/2014 09:59 AM, Rich Harley wrote:
> Ah, I see. It’s postgres 9.1 and psycopg1 (through Zope 2.11) - an old one but we have found no need to upgrade as
yetbecause we only use very simple data types.

> When the data goes in it goes through psycopg.Binary(photo).
> So it’s really the reverse of that I need.

I can't even find docs for psycopg1, so from the current documentation:

http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/faq.html?highlight=bytea

Transferring binary data from PostgreSQL 9.0 doesn’t work.

     PostgreSQL 9.0 uses by default the “hex” format to transfer bytea
data: the format can’t be parsed by the libpq 8.4 and earlier. The
problem is solved in Psycopg 2.4.1, that uses its own parser for the
bytea format. For previous Psycopg releases, three options to solve the
problem are:

         set the bytea_output parameter to escape in the server;
         execute the database command SET bytea_output TO escape; in the
session before reading binary data;
         upgrade the libpq library on the client to at least 9.0.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com