Re: install libpq.dll in bin directory on Windows / Cygwin

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: install libpq.dll in bin directory on Windows / Cygwin
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/31/2014 12:25 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 04:53:45PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Jeff Janes asked me about this, and Bruce just tripped up on it.
>> Usually on Windows it's necessary to have libpq.dll/cygpq.dll either
>> in the PATH or in the same directory as client .exe files. The
>> buildfarm client has for many years simply copied this dll from the
>> installation lib to the installation bin directory after running
>> "make install". But I can't really see why we don't do that as part
>> of "make install" anyway. I haven't tested but I think something
>> like this patch would achieve this goal - it would fix something
>> that's tripped a lot of people up over the years.
>>
>> Comments? If we do this, should it be backported?
> Andrew, where are we on this?

Hmm, looks like it got dropped. I think my original patch is probably
about the  the right thing to do, and given that it's already done by
the MSVC build it's a bug and should be backported, as Alvaro said in
the original discussion.

I'll get on that shortly - since the patch was untested I'll need to do
a test first.

cheers

andrew