pgindent wishlist item

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема pgindent wishlist item
Дата
Re: pgindent wishlist item  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
While Bruce is working on pgindent, let me register a small wishlist
item. It would be quite useful to be able to supply extra typedefs on
the command line to supplement a typedefs file downloaded from the
buildfarm or constructed however. A concrete example: in the code I have
been recently working on, there are typedefs for Jsonb and JsonbValue.
If I run pgindent as normal on the new code these items are not treated
properly. What I had to do was take a special copy of the typedefs list
and add those two items. If we could pass a list of extra typedefs to
supplement the typedefs file that would be very useful. Then I could do
something like:
   pgindent --typedef Jsonb --typedef JsonbValue   src/backend/utils/adt/jsonfuncs.c

without having to mangle a typedefs file.

This would make using pgindent nicer to use during development, since
any significant development is just about guaranteed to have some new
typedefs the buildfarm can't have.

cheers

andrew