Re: Prohibit row-security + inheritance in 9.4?

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Prohibit row-security + inheritance in 9.4?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/31/2014 01:18 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:39 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Earlier discussions seemed to settle on each relation having its own
>> row-security quals applied independently. So quals on a parent rel did
>> not cascade down to child rels.
>
> Do you have a link to that prior discussion?

Not to hand; I'm basing that on discussion with KaiGai, and on the
implementation of his RLS patch. The patch goes far out of its way to
ensure that policies on a parent relation aren't applied to children,
only to rows taken directly from the parent.

I read some discussion on the topic when I was first reviewing all the
old threads for this, but didn't see anything that seemed to
conclusively decide on that approach.