Re: timezone change after upgrade from postgres 9.1 to 9.3?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: timezone change after upgrade from postgres 9.1 to 9.3?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/30/2014 03:17 PM, Anand Kumar, Karthik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We just upgraded our postgres database from 9.1 to 9.3. And noticed that
> the timezone changed from PST to GMT.
> Is that known behavior? Has anyone else run into it, or am I just
> missing something?

Well there where changes in the way timezones are set in 9.2.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/release-9-2.html

Identify the server time zone during initdb, and set postgresql.conf
entries timezone and log_timezone accordingly (Tom Lane)

This avoids expensive time zone probes during server start.

> I've verified the server's timezone is right, and nothing in the
> postgres user's profile is changing the timezone at startup. The
> postgres start up scripts aren't setting the timezone either, from what
> I can see.

What is the server timezone?

What is the timezone value in postgresql.conf?

Where are you seeing the change?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com