Re: permission denied for relation

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: permission denied for relation
Дата
Re: permission denied for relation
Список pgsql-general
On 01/30/2014 06:13 AM, Ovid wrote:
>> First: CREATE ROLE and CREATE DATABASE;
>
>> After: CREATE TABLEs;
>
>> Last: GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE and DELETE.
>
> OK, I dropped the database. Since I have the user already created, I
> recreated the database. Then I created all of the tables. Then I did this:
>
> postgres=# GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public TO veure_user;
> GRANT
> postgres=# GRANT INSERT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public TO veure_user;
> GRANT
> postgres=# GRANT UPDATE ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public TO veure_user;
> GRANT
> postgres=# GRANT DELETE ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public TO veure_user;
> GRANT
>
> Same error: permission denied for relation "users". And when I do \dt:
>
>   Schema |       Name        | Type  |   Owner
> --------+-------------------+-------+------------
>   public | users             | table | veure_user
>
> So I'm still missing something here :)

I would tend to go with Raymond, are you sure about the user you are
connecting as?

It would be helpful to tail the Postgres log and see what the connection
info is.

> I'm sure my password is correct because this works (password in .pgpass,
> though the fact that I'm connecting suggests that my password is fine):
>
> $ psql -U veure_user -d veure
> psql (9.1.11)
> Type "help" for help.

Well if your pg_hba.conf is the same as before :

local   all             veure_user                              trust

than a password is not being used. So connecting does not prove a valid
password.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com