Re: new json funcs

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: new json funcs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Andrew,

On 1/24/14, 7:26 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> OK, here's the patch, this time with docs, thanks to Merlin Moncure and
> Josh Berkus for help with that.

Thanks, this one is looking pretty good.  A couple of small issues:
  - The oid 3195 of json_object_agg_transfn has been taken by a recent
commit, so that had to be changed.  The patch compiled and passed tests
after that.
  - Typo in the description of json_build_array: "agument list"
  - I find (perhaps due to not being a native speaker) the description
of json_object a bit painful to read.  I would've expected something like:

-         Builds a JSON object out of a text array.  The array must have
exactly one dimension
+         Builds a JSON object out of a text array.  The array must have
either exactly one dimension          with an even number of members, in which case they are taken
as alternating name/value
-         pairs, or two dimensions with such that each inner array has
exactly two elements, which
+         pairs, or two dimensions such that each inner array has
exactly two elements, which          are taken as a name/value pair.
     but I'm not sure about that either.
  - There are a few cases of curly braces around a single-statement
else, which I believe is against the project's code style guidelines.

Otherwise this patch looks good to my eyes.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja