Re: PostgreSQL specific datatypes very confusing for beginners who use wrappers around JDBC

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: PostgreSQL specific datatypes very confusing for beginners who use wrappers around JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/28/2014 12:11 PM, Merlin Göttlinger wrote:
> I don't know if this is just a beginner problem but at least in my
> opinion it is rather complicated to use the postgres specific types
> and features from JDBC and its wrappers.

these issues are entirely created by the wrappers you're using. like
most such, they are undoubtedly designed for a lowest common
denominator, and won't have support for database implementation specific
data types, just common stuff like strings, numbers.