Re: pgsql: Keep pg_stat_statements' query texts in a file, not in shared me

От KONDO Mitsumasa
Тема Re: pgsql: Keep pg_stat_statements' query texts in a file, not in shared me
Дата
Re: pgsql: Keep pg_stat_statements' query texts in a file, not in shared me  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
Список pgsql-committers
(2014/01/28 11:07), Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 6:04 PM, KONDO Mitsumasa
> <kondo.mitsumasa@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> It is written in documents; "For security reasons, non-superusers are not
>> allowed to see the text of queries executed by other users." Is root user
>> superuser? And initdb user might change to non-superuser after creating
>> database cluster. In japan, database operation user isn't always database
>> admin. Because database admin's salary is expensive than system operator's.
>
> initdb will not run as a superuser to begin with. It flatly refuses.
No. I don't say root user is superuser. Executing initdb user will be postgres
superuser. But it can change non-superuser after creating database.

> Why is your concern with pg_stat_statements after this patch in particular?
>
> You'll need to serialize the file at least once before seeing it, but
> then it's there for good (on old versions, before Magnus got annoyed
> that that affected basebackups).
I feel the sense of incongruity that is stored database data in text file.
I'd like to hear from other people...

Regards,
--
Mitsumasa KONDO
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Keep pg_stat_statements' query texts in a file, not in shared me
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Keep pg_stat_statements' query texts in a file, not in shared me