Confusing comment for function ExecParallelEstimate

От Wu, Fei
Тема Confusing comment for function ExecParallelEstimate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hi, all

Lately I was researching  Parallelism of Postgres 10.7(and it is same in all version), and I was confused when reading the comment of function ExecParallelEstimate :

(in   src/backend/executor/execParallel.c)

* While we're at it, count the number of PlanState nodes in the tree, so

* we know how many SharedPlanStateInstrumentation structures we need.

static bool

ExecParallelEstimate(PlanState *planstate, ExecParallelEstimateContext *e)

The structure SharedPlanStateInstrumentation is not exists at all. And I noticed that the so called “SharedPlanStateInstrumentation

maybe is the structure instrumentation now, which is used for storing information of planstate in parallelism.  The function count the number

of planState nodes and stored it in ExecParallelEstimateContext-> nnodes ,then use it to Estimate space for instrumentation structure in

function  ExecInitParallelPlan.

So, I think the comment is out of date now, isn’t it?

Maybe we can modified this piece of comment from “SharedPlanStateInstrumentation”  to “instrumentation” for clear

--

Best Regards

Wu Fei

Development Department II

Software Division III

Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)

ADDR.: No.6 Wenzhu Road, Software Avenue,

       Nanjing, 210012, China

TEL  : +86+25-86630566-9356

COINS: 7998-9356

FAX: +86+25-83317685