Re: What is happening on buildfarm member crake?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: What is happening on buildfarm member crake?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/19/2014 08:22 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> Hmm, that looks an awful lot like the SIGUSR1 signal handler is
> getting called after we've already completed shmem_exit.  And indeed
> that seems like the sort of thing that would result in dying horribly
> in just this way.  The obvious fix seems to be to check
> proc_exit_inprogress before doing anything that might touch shared
> memory, but there are a lot of other SIGUSR1 handlers that don't do
> that either.  However, in those cases, the likely cause of a SIGUSR1
> would be a sinval catchup interrupt or a recovery conflict, which
> aren't likely to be so far delayed that they arrive after we've
> already disconnected from shared memory.  But the dynamic background
> workers stuff adds a new possible cause of SIGUSR1: the postmaster
> letting us know that a child has started or died.  And that could
> happen even after we've detached shared memory.

Is anything happening about this? We're still getting quite a few of
these:
<http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_failures.pl?max_days=3&member=crake>

cheers

andrew

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: A minor correction in comment in heaptuple.c
Сообщение: Re: A minor correction in comment in heaptuple.c