Re: Postgresql for cygwin - 3rd

От Marco Atzeri
Тема Re: Postgresql for cygwin - 3rd
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 24/01/2014 05:28, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 01/23/2014 10:50 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> Those regression failures certainly say there is something broken in
>>> the submitter's build, so this needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
>>> I'm not qualified to evaluate the proposed changes, but I wonder why
>>> they're needed given that we have successful cygwin builds in the
>>> buildfarm.
>> Yes, that confuses me too.  Unless we get more details, we should ignore
>> the patches.  Thanks.

Andrew,
nice to see, the question rises again.
I dropped from the pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org some time ago,
as no one was following the issue; I just rejoined.

As explained here:

1) Using DLLTOOL/DLLWRAP

"postgresql dll's allocation table are partially wrong,
so they fail at load after a rebase."

the build farm can not test this rebase failure, as it will happen after
installation at any rebase.
DLLTOOL/DLLWRAP usage is "really" deprecated on cygwin as it produces
damaged binaries that

2) I am the currently package mantainer for cygwin
last I packged was postgresql-9.2.4
9.3.2 is on my TODO list

> AFAICT the regression is in Cygwin. The buildfarm passes because it's
> using an oldish Cygwin release, 1.7.7 rather than the current 1.7.27. I
> have brought the regression the athe attention of the Cygwin people in
> the past, but without response.

which issue ?
During my package tests I have only two issues:
     tsearch                  ... FAILED
andtest: prepared_xacts
must be skipped as it never completes

> The build system changes have slipped off my radar, unfortunately. Not
> sure when I can get to them.

Regars
Marco