Re: problem connecting to postgres via apache

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: problem connecting to postgres via apache
Дата
Re: problem connecting to postgres via apache
Список pgsql-general
On 01/23/2014 02:55 PM, Susan Cassidy wrote:
> I'm having a problem connecting to postgres via a CGI program.  I can
> connect just fine using the same connect string in a non-cgi perl
> program as in the perl cgi program.  The error I get is this:
>

>         ERROR: Unable to connect to dbname testdb2, err: could not
>         connect to server: Permission denied
>         Is the server running on host "jacensolo.red.dsic.com
>         <http://jacensolo.red.dsic.com>" (192.168.10.16) and accepting
>         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

FYI, in the future you might want to anonymize your host information.
For example   xxx.yyy.zzz.com

Well from the above it looks like you where trying to connect using
TCP/IP not a socket.

What is your connection string?

> I tried adding postgres to the apache user's groups, because I saw
> something on google that said that that is needed for the socket
> connection to work, but it didn't help.
>
> I just tried stopping and restarting apache, and when I try to start I
> get this:
>

> apachectl start
> (13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
> (13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
> <http://0.0.0.0:80>
> Unable to open logs
>
> I took away the group permission for postgres, just in case that had
> messed up something, but it didn't help.  Now I can't even start apache.

To me it looks like it is already running.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com