Re: array_length(anyarray)

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: array_length(anyarray)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/19/14, 2:12 PM, Dean Rasheed wrote:
> That might seem overly pedantic, but it's quite annoying when API
> documentation doesn't fully specify the behaviour, and you're forced
> to use trial-and-error to find out how the functions behave.

For what it's worth, I was thinking the same thing when I was looking at
that table.  Nearly *all* of them are completely inadequate at
explaining the finer details, and the user has to experiment to figure
out what actually happens.  I seem to recall other similar examples in
our documentation for functions.

Personally I would like to see this fixed for all functions, not just
array functions.  But I think that should be a separate patch.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja