Re: Why conf.d should be default, and auto.conf and recovery.conf should be in it

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Why conf.d should be default, and auto.conf and recovery.conf should be in it
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/16/2014 10:46 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm fine if the proposal is that postgresql.conf include "include_dir
> conf.d" by default (where that's read as relative to postgresql.conf's own
> directory).  Even better if it's not terribly difficult for a packager to
> change that, because I think some will want to.  We could possibly reduce
> the need for packagers to change it if we made it be
> "include_dir postgresql.d", because conf.d is a damn generic name for
> something that might be in the same /etc directory as configs for other
> packages.

FWIW, this is what I was proposing.  We have an "include_dir
postgresql.conf.d" currently in the stock postgresql.conf, but it's
disabled (commented out) by default.  I'd just like it enabled by
default, and to pass a suggestion to the packagers that they pick an
appropriate directory and enable it by default.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: Why conf.d should be default, and auto.conf and recovery.conf should be in it
Сообщение: Re: Why conf.d should be default, and auto.conf and recovery.conf should be in it