Re: plpgsql.warn_shadow

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: plpgsql.warn_shadow
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/15/14 1:23 PM, Florian Pflug wrote:
> The fact that it's named plpgsql.warnings already clearly documents that this only affects plpgsql. But whether a
particularwarning is emitted during compilation or during execution it largely irrelevant, I think. For example, if we
calledthis compiler_warning, we'd couldn't add a warning which triggers when SELECT .. INTO ingores excessive rows.

There is the fact that something being a "compiler warning" gives you an
idea on its effects on performance.  But maybe that would be better
described in the documentation (perhaps even more accurately).

I like the idea of warning about SELECT .. INTO, though, but that one
could have a non-negligible performance penalty during execution.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation
От: Masterprojekt Naumann1
Сообщение: Re: identify table oid for an AggState during plan tree initialization