Re: plpgsql.warn_shadow

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: plpgsql.warn_shadow
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/15/14 11:33 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 2014/1/15 Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to>
>
>> I agree, it's better to include the word "compiler" in the GUC name. But
>> do we really need WARNING, ERROR and FATAL levels though?  Would WARNING
>> and ERROR not be enough?
>>

> I am not strong in level names - and it is my subjective opinion only (as
> not native speaker)
>
> just
>
> plpgsql.compile_warning=warning
>
> or
>
> plpgsql.compile_warning=error
>
> looks little bit obscure (or as contradiction). More - "fatal" is used by
> gcc and some compilers as "stop on first error"

I was talking about postgres error levels above.  If we define "fatal"
to mean ERROR here, I'm quite certain that will confuse people.  How's:
  plpgsql.compiler_warning_severity = 'error' # disable, warning, error
matching PG error severity levels ("disable" disables, obviously)  plpgsql.compiler_warnings = 'list, of, warnings'

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja