Re: PG 924, Windows 2012, error code 487

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: PG 924, Windows 2012, error code 487
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/13/2014 08:43 AM, Abraham, Danny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot for your reply ...
>
>From what I can find WSACancelBlockingCall is a Winsock function has to do with networking/messaging and not memory
issuesper se. So what makes you think it is a memory issue >or are the memory problems a separate issue?

> See below for more detail on WSACancelBlockingCall, it might help you determine how to debug:
>
> http://www.sockets.com/winsock.htm#CancelBlockingCall
>
>> Looked at the bug report and the last comment was from Robert Haas who indicated there was not enough information to
workwith. I would say we are at that same point now.
>> In your first post you mention that this is related to connection attempts.
>> So:
>> What clients are connecting and is it restricted to particular clients?
>
> This is in fact a long installation thread that is using  JDBC code, some libpq/C, some psql scripts.
> Not many connections in parallel. Just one thread that is opening and closing a few connections to the PG server.

I know I am asking a lot of questions, just trying narrow down the
parameters. In all honesty my knowledge of Windows internals is limited
but the hope is that sufficient information will trigger an aha moment
in others on the list with more experience in this area.

So this is just happening when you do the install of the server?

So you are using an install of your own making and not using the
graphical installer from the download site, or are using it in combination?

Of course this leads to, what exactly is the install procedure trying to do?

By any chance are trying to load plugin_debugger.dll as in the #5578 bug
report?

>> How many connections are you attempting at a time?
> Very few of them
>
>> You said many connection refusals are happening, how many as percent of total?
> This is a brand new server, automatically installed.
> Once initdb is over ... PG will not allow connections.

So how does that reconcile with this from your previous post?

"Nothing special. Once logged in PG is fine."

>> You also mentioned 'Sometimes it even fails the AUTOVACUM  process'.
>
> 2014-01-07 15:56:11.232 GMTLOG:  autovacuum launcher started
> 2014-01-07 15:56:23.687 GMTLOG:  could not reserve shared memory region (addr=0000000001080000) for child
0000000000001354:error code 487
> 2014-01-07 15:56:23.687 GMTLOG:  could not fork new process for connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a
callto WSACancelBlockingCall.

So is this during the same install process as above or after the server
is 'up' and running?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: Mike Broers
Сообщение: question about checksum in 9.3
От: Francisco Olarte
Сообщение: Re: Index space growing even after cleanup via autovacuum in Postgres 9.2